- Aid to N. Korea on ice amid inter-Korean tensions
- Seoul's proposed DMZ peace park faces tough road ahead
- S. Korea-U.S. summit to push N. Korea to review policy options
- S. Korea, U.S. agree to stronger deterrence against N. Korea
- S. Korea-U.S. summit meeting unlikely to draw out N. Korea: analysts
- Future of Kaesong industrial complex in doubt over escalating tensions
- N. Korea in tug of war over dialogue terms with S. Korea, U.S.
- Park, Obama face crucial test on chemistry amid N.K. headache
- (News Focus) N. Korea's hacking capabilities advance
- N. Korea's hacking capabilities advance
- (News Focus) N. Korea ratchets up tension by restricting Kaesong operations
- N. Korea cautious in choosing timing for any attack: U.S. experts
- N. Korea fueling tensions to seek diplomatic solution: sources
- N. Korea's state-sponsored hackers emerge as global threat
- Three years after naval vessel sinking, N. Korea poses greater security threat
- N.K. leader's front-line inspections fuel military clash concerns
- N. Korea threatens war in defiance of U.N. resolution
- 'Strongest sanctions' on NK, output of artful U.N. diplomacy
- China holds key to implementing U.N. sanctions against N. Korea
- N. Korea again resorts to brinkmanship to put pressure on U.S.
- U.S. aim of denuclearizing N. Korea in question
- Park vows 'trust-building' with N. Korea despite nuke brink
- Park faces key tasks on relations with N. Korea, regional powers
- All eyes on China for tougher sanctions against nuclear N. Korea
- Nuke test stirs debate on how to handle N. Korea's WMD program
- Obama's N. Korea policy put to crucial test again
- (NK N-test) N. Korea's nuke test jeopardizing inter-Korean relations
- Nuke test aims to solidify Kim's control, take upper hand in int'l arena
- N. Korea's nuke test presents major security challenge for Park, Obama
- N. Korea's nuke test feared to foil Park's overture of engagement: experts
- N. Korea's nuclear tension overshadows new gov't in Seoul
- N. Korea ramps up threat of another nuclear test
- U.N. action on N. Korea late yet meaningful: official
- In second term, Obama faces tough issues with Seoul
- Inter-Korean relations effectively severed under Lee administration
Home > NorthKorea > Vantage Point
JANUARY 2013 Vol.36 No.1
Commemorative Events for Kim Jong-il’s Death Anniversary 2
North Korea’s Successful Launch of a Long-range Rocket 3
ONE YEAR OF KIM JONG-UN REGIME 4
EVENTS FOR KIM JONG-IL’S DEATH ANNIVERSARY 4
Marking the first anniversary of Kim Jong-il's death, N. Korea has
stepped up efforts to boost the idolization of new leader Kim Jong-un.
NEW RULING STRUCTURE OF KIM JONG-UN REGIME 8
Observers say Kim Jong-un is unlikely to face any challenges to his power
as there is no alternative to him in the socialist country.
EMPHASIS ON IMPROVING LIVING CONDITIONS 12
Kim Jong-un has talked about the global trends when he visited
industrial sites, schools, airport and even sock factory.
LOYALTY MEETINGS FOR KIM JONG-UN LEADERSHIP 16
In more recent months, North Korea held series of national meetings designed
to boost loyalty to the young leader Kim Jong-un, including mothers’ meeting.
PYONGYANG’S ANTI-SOUTH KOREA CAMPAIGNS 20
North Korea expressed fierce repulsion and threatened a war
when it felt its domestic events and leaders were criticized by South Korea.
SOUTH KOREA'S POLICY REVIEW
TOUGHER SANCTIONS ON N.K. ROCKET LAUNCH 24
“North Korea must pay the price for ignoring the U.N. resolutions and
warnings from the international community,” a South Korean diplomat said.
TIP ON NORTH KOREA
NORTH KOREA’S DESPERATE EFFORTS TO EARN DOLLARS 27
North Korea is also reported to have exported more than 2 tons of gold
for about $100 million in the past 12 months.
NORTH KOREA’S SUCCESSFUL ROCKET LAUNCH 30
N. Korea has launched the long-range rocket with the intention to take
a position of strength in international negotiations regarding the regime’s WMD.
New Seoul Gov't Will Likely Seek N. Korean Policy Based on Trust and Balance 34
N. Korea Stresses Economic Attainment on Kim Jong-il’s Death Anniversary 37
Internal Affairs / External Affairs / Inter-Korean Affairs 39
STUDIES Co-authored by Choi Eun-suk and Min Kyung-bae
THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE N. KOREAN LEGAL SYSTEM ON THE NEW SECURITY
ORDER IN NORTHEAST ASIA 48
FOREIGN TIPS 58
PEOPLE & CHRONOLOGICAL REVIEW 60
|ㆍJANUARY 2013 Vol.36 No.1|
|ㆍDECEMBER 2012 Vol.35 No.12|
|ㆍNOVEMBER 2012 Vol.35 No.11|
|ㆍOCTOBER 2012 Vol.35 No.10|
|ㆍSEPTEMBER 2012 Vol.35 No.9|
|ㆍAUGUST 2012 Vol.35 No.8|